6 years ago when I had a positive pregnancy test, I was shocked. I knew my life would forever be changed.....I didn't know how much until the very day that the nurse put you into my arms, June 4th 2008.
I have truly learned that saying, "You won't know what I am talking about until you are a mother yourself.". Yep it is so true, a mother's love isn't like any other love you will ever have for another person (well until you give me grandchildren). I will love you on your worst days as I have, I will love you on those, "I hate you mom" days and I will love on those days where you don't feel very lovable. I will always be here for you and don't ever think I won't love you. I want your life to be made up of wonderful things and I hope as your mama I am doing the right things to make you choose a great life for yourself. You are only as great as you allow yourself to be.
One day you will hear about your journey with cancer and how it didn't determine how your life was going to be, you overcame that and much more, remember that you are a lot stronger than you think you are. Struggles in life are sometimes there to show us that in the end, we either let them defy us or we jump over them and come out ahead. You my boy are triumphing and I thank GOD everyday that you are.
It's very bittersweet at the rate of speed that you are growing up, it seems as if yesterday you were bouncing in your jumper-roo and babbling like crazy, (sometimes I so miss those little moments). 5 means you turning a new chapter and becoming more independent and maybe just maybe that's why I am so emotional, you don't need me like you have in the years before. I get it I need to lay off a bit but it is hard when for several years there you needed me more than anything and I know that I needed you better more than anything, I would tell GOD to please keep you strong and let this all work out because you Bryson are my only baby. The other part of my heart is happy and proud that your life is moving forward because truly that's what I have always wanted, you to be thriving as you are. It's an amazing thing to watch your child turn into a little man.I am thankful I was blessed with you, so today we celebrate not just you turning 5 years old, we celebrate the moment that you changed all of us and made us all realize how precious life truly is. Happy 5th Birthday Bryson, I love you more than words could ever say, to infinity and beyond, a million times over.
Love,
Mama




No comments:
Post a Comment